Yesterday and the day before were perfect. Not too hot, not too cold.......just right for digging in the dirt. On Monday on the way to the hospital, I passed a farmer disking up cornstalks. The wind/dust was blowing my way so I got a good whiff of soil. It was wonderful! Guess there's a lot of farm girl still in me. That afternoon I got to get out and dig in the dirt. It was weeding, but to me a chance to crumble the soil in my hands. I did that yesterday too, getting out the weeds and uncovering the new shoots who hope they can grow now and not be frosted off.
This morning I did another wonder of nature....transplanted seedling starts into larger pots. We start many of our garden vegetables from seed. Again, even though it was in our basement, it is a wonderful affirmation of life and growth and strength. Grow little plants, grow!!!
Speaking of wonders of nature......Miss Avery's bili is back up to 16.5. The doctor suggested that Jenn put her back on the bili-blanket. She's not putting out what she is putting in, if you get my drift. Jenn and I feel that if that system would get going properly, she'd get beyond this bili issue. Doctor doesn't seem to be concerned. So to this I say, "go" little Avery, "go" !!!
No comments:
Post a Comment