Friday, April 13, 2007

Avery day 4

Sorry the picture is dark. I'll try to do better. Wanted to show you Avery does have eyes.

Well, Miss Avery is causing us a little excitement. Her darn bilirubin number is up to 18! Good news here is that her indirect number is .3. (Shelby's indirect was also high.) Yes, there is a direct and indirect number which we have learned. Hopefully, all her treatment can be done at home. Visiting Nurses brought a bili-blanket last night. This is put up against her back and has fabric that wraps around her to hold it in place. A tube extendeding from this blanket to the machine sends the ultraviolet light throughout the blanket. She "glows". This is to breakdown the yuk still in her and get things going. Now if Jenn can keep her hydrated! This excess bili makes her sleepy and not real interested in nursing/eating. Jenn pumped and I did get some milk in her via a bottle. Unfortunately, Jenn has been through this before and is being pro-active!

Avery has another blood test this morning and a visit to the pediatrician. I will keep you posted!!

No comments: