As I indicated in my email yesterday, I will post any updates on Shelby's current hospital stay here. Her ped. g.i. thinks this is viral; however, her AST and ALT numbers were quite high and her white cells dropped to "1". Not many of us get a liver panel done when we have a virus. Shelby does. There is concern about the "1"; so when I went to see her this morning, I had to put on a mask and gloves. This is limiting visits which Shelby is not happy about; but it's for her safety. She's confined to her room which means no playroom. There's a sign on her door that says "no flowers, vegetables, fruits, etc.. There's a word for this - neutropenic, maybe.....I forgot the spelling already. Anyway, Shelby has also developed a cough, so they are trying to collect a sample to check for RSV.
She still has a temp. This morning with motrin it was 100.7. She also had a chest x-ray. Didn't hear those results yet. She did eat a GREAT lunch. She has discovered pizza and ate a personal pan size cheese pizza for lunch plus more. So we'll hope that the antibiotics help some and things will improve and this will only be a short stay. Riley and Avery are rolling with the punches.
And by the way, Happy 32nd birthday, Jenn!!! Some way to spend it, huh?!
No comments:
Post a Comment