This morning at 6 a.m. Heather called. She'd been up sick all night and dr. wanted her to come to hospital to check for dehydration. I got there and Chris was not feeling well also. They think they came down with the stomach flu William had at the end of last week. Heather was getting i.v. fluids and nausea medication to stabilize her. They were trying to get in touch with her dr. If Heather stabilizes (the dehydration was causing some contractions) I assume they will still wait until tomorrow to deliver the baby. Chris is huddled in a corner with blankets trying to get warm and get some sleep.
Got William to daycare and returned home to check on Thomas. He does not have a urinary tract infection (good), but the nurse told me "flu" is everywhere. So, we'll keep on top of his temp and hope he will perk up in a day or so.
And Miss Shelby - her temp went up last night so another day of antibiotics. When she can get off the antibiotics, they hope her white count and platelets will come up on their own so they don't have to do other procedures. It's kind of a wait-and-see situation right now. To talk to her on the phone, she sounds fine. She loves to get calls on the "hospital phone" so give her a call if you will.
Oh yes, Jenn - she's not as achy today, but is coughing and sneezing. And Avery is an altogether different baby from yesterday. She's not 100%, but she is crawling all over and chasing (would you believe) quart jar canning rings. She loves to chase them. She is so much happier than yesterday even though she didn't sleep good for her daddy last night.
I love them all, but right now I'm glad I don't have any more kids! I don't stretch that far!!?!!
No comments:
Post a Comment