I finally got around to taking our Christmas tree down yesterday. I put away the ornaments and other Christmas decorations today. As I took down each ornament, I was reminded that each one has a story about some point in our life. Some were made by family and friends; some purchased at bazaars and I knew who made them. Some were given or made with special meaning. I collect churches. I had 13 church ornaments on our tree this year. A few I purchased but most were given to me by my daughter and daughter-in-law and others. Each ornament has a story and someone special to go along with it.
When my kids had their own Christmas trees, I gave them "their" ornaments and provided them a list of who gave them the ornaments. "Stories" go with those too. Just a commentary and a reminded to write down those memories.
1 comment:
Hola Aunt Cori -
Totally understand... When I decorate my parents tree I always think about the memories associated with the oranments, too. Especially when I am going through my 13 ornaments from Grandma and Grandpa since they are still at my parents house.
Just out of curosity did you carry that tradition on with your grandchildren?
Love - Amanda
Post a Comment