Monday, January 26, 2009

Medical Monday

I got "recalled". My mammogram last Thursday showed something suspicious SO I was called back today for more pictures. Joyfully, I knew the technician, so that helped. Plus, I did get good news. Everything was OK. Whew! That was my morning. Then I had scheduled about a month ago an appointment at the dermatologist. About a month and a half ago she removed a "wart-like" thing that had grown on my neck. Pathology said it was a type of skin cancer, but a kind that did not spread. SO, I made an appointment after the dermatologist's vacation for her to remove more under the skin. That was this afternoon. Now I am sporting several stitches on the right back of my neck! And I am going to physical therapy for an injured right rotator cuff. On December 4th I went out to the mailbox to mail something for Thomas cause I didn't want him to fall.....and I promptly slipped and fell on my upper right arm/shoulder. Although better, I still have a way to go. Jenn told me one of her friend's mom said "after 50 it's all maintenance"......boy, do I agree!!

2 comments:

Jenn said...

One bit of encouraging news, though. I forgot to tell you that my friend's mom is in her late 80's and in great health! So keep up the maintenance - you're worth it :)

Amanda said...

Glad to hear you got great news at doc #1

As for the derm - Ouch! Been there, done that. And actually I have an appt next Thursday. Anyway, glad she got it all. And I'm so proud of you for going to the dermatologist (I go like every other month the curse of the fair skin) -- you need to talk your baby sister into it. She is stubborn and won't go. So since she won't follow in her daughter's footsteps maybe she will follow in her big sis'.

Ok, Aunt C Stop falling apart! ;) And take care.

Love,
-Amanda