Tuesday, April 25, 2006

Will the tulips freeze tonight?

The tulips are beautiful this year! We have them in front of our house, behind our house and in the garden areas surrounding our house. Against the green grass they are bright and beautiful. Thomas has selected many new varieties. I wish I could really do them justice with my photographs.

These are my favorites. They are bright yellow rimmed with red. Then red comes up from the center. I think they are just gorgeous!

Tonight I picked several bouquets as it is supposed to freeze tonight! Will these beauties survive? There's no way we can cover all of them. So what will they look like in the morning? I guess we'll find out!!??!!

We have planted our seeds for our veggie garden. As they sprout in the basement under the lights, we will transplant them and acclimate them to the outdoors. It's a great time of year watching everything come to life. It's also a scary time as storms and tornadoes have been quite prevalent. We got in on some excitement at my Mom's in central Illinois several weeks ago. Thomas' hometown, El Reno, Oklahoma, had tornadoes last night. Brother Carol said family was OK. Not sure about the amount of damage in the area. Ick!!!

Keep warm tonight....and tomorrow enjoy the beauty all around you!!!

No comments: