Sunday, January 29, 2006

Back and my back

I'm back....online posting that is. I decided I couldn't say anything to my son and daughter-in-law who have not posted any more about their coming blessed event when I had not written much myself. SO...the reason I haven't written much is because of my back which has been giving me fits since November 17 when I evidently lifted and carried Shelby and Riley once too often. My friend, Joan, said that getting older is not for the faint of heart. AMEN! I have been in disbelief that this has sidelined me so long. I tried chiropractic and now my regular doctor and physical therapy. I am getting relief (finally) , but have discovered how tight and uncooperative my (old) muscles are being. Keep moving and exercising and forcing those muscles to s-t-r-e-t-c-h is what I am learning (and don't carry 3 and 6 year olds who can walk themselves - even if it is faster to pick them up and carry them!!)!!

I am finally getting back into the swing of life at Darwin and Norman after several weeks of sitting in a chair and cross-stitiching. Stay tuned......I may have more to report!

No comments: