Monday, April 19, 2010

O M G !!!

Avery is a little worker!!!! She spent the dayhere because Shelby had appointments in Chicago. Since it was a beautiful day, we were outside. First watering flowers as she LOVES to do that. Our friend, Bob Shaw, who is a professional photographer stopped by and took some really adorable pictures of her.

Then we started picking up rocks in the garden. She LOVED doing this!!! "Grammie, I love picking rocks!" "Grammie, look at this one!" She totally enjoyed and WORKED at picking up the rocks. We picked up (mostly Avery) over 1/2 a bucket! While she watered, I edged one of my flower beds. She decided she wanted to help me, so she got a little shovel and dug in the dirt like a busy little beaver!

Then Papa decided to start de-thatching the lawn. I first gave her a small rake, but she then decided it was fun to pick the grass up. I got our garden cart and she began, on her own, to pick up the dried grass and put it in the cart. She did almost 2 cart loads by herself. I had to keep racking to keep ahead of her! She finally just stood by the wagon.....exhausted. I bathed her, fed her and almost got her home awake. When I went to get her out of the van, I found she passed out. I carried the little gardener to her bed. She was totally wiped out!!

I did get these few pictures. She was keeping me too busy to get any more!!

04.19.Gardening with Avery

1 comment:

Jenn said...

Go, Avery, GO!