Thomas tested positive for H. pylori. This is the cause for the stomach ulcers. Now to get rid of these ulcers, there's a lot of PILLS. He's taking 2 kinds of antibiotics, each 4 times a day (8 pills total). Plus there's 2 pills to heal the ulcers. One kind has to be taken an hour before he eats, another when he eats. We actually have a schedule set up because this is a 14 day process. All this is over and beyond his usual pills; however, he's off all his vitamins for this time period because the vitamins inhibit one of the antibiotics.....and there's not enough hours in the day to keep "everyone" separated by the appropriate amount of time!
What is also interesting is that I am being tested for H. pylori tomorrow!! I went to the doctor today for a cortisone shot in my left wrist (scheduled several weeks ago). When the dr. walked in he told me that 80% of the spouses of people who have H. pylori also have H. pylori. It can lie dormant. Wouldn't that be a hoot???!!! I'll keep you posted.
Thomas decided he wanted to go to breakfast with his Tuesday a.m. breakfast group this morning so I took him. He's been in bed most of the remainder of the day. Does that give you an idea how weak he is?
No comments:
Post a Comment